We are committed to protecting your personal privacy and we uphold strict security procedures for the storage of your personal information.
Miss Shorthair Ltd (MSH) is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you. This policy has been updated in accordance with UK Data Protection Law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (otherwise known as GDPR). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you place an order we will ask for the following information:
- Contact information including full name, email address, mailing address and telephone number.
- Demographic information - This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used.
- We may record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns which enable us to improve the service we provide.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order including delivery, payment and returns.
- To collect payment, process credit applications and process refunds.
- To provide you with an online account, which requires an email address.
- Internal record keeping.
- To send you exclusive offers and promotions if you have consented us to do so.
- Any information we collect regarding customer browsing and buying activities is used for statistical analysis, to provide you with a better customer experience and to improve our products and services.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
- Our Accounts Software has access to process your personal information for transactional purposes but does not store any payment details.
- Our Email Marketing Platform has selected access to the personal information you provide during subscription to our Mailing list.
- If you make an enquiry to our Customer Services team via email or phone, the details of your enquiry will be allocated to your customer profile on our Contact/Email system.
WHY DO WE CONTACT YOU
If you are an MSH member, we may contact you with exclusive offers, exciting new products and back-in-stock items. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time – see below for more details.
When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a payment, refund or account balance.
If you contact us via social media to make an enquiry, we will respond via social media or the email you have provided when you placed an order.
Our courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
If you would like to amend your contact details, marketing preferences or unsubscribe at any time you can do so through the ‘Update Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ links provided at the bottom of MSH marketing emails or alternatively please do not hesitate to contact a member of our customer services team at email@example.com.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign-up form. Marketing communications may be sent either electronically via email or physically through the post. You can update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe at any time through the ‘Update Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ links provided at the bottom of MSH marketing emails.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect please see the list of cookies we collect section in the Cookies information page here.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Right of Access – You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Rights to Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO POLICY